Wednesday, April 6, 2011

.. A Father for my Mami.....

  going home, bittersweet... missed my girls so much... they are all telling me they miss me too.... ( this makes me happy....) missed my puppies, my bed... my home, my car.. ( I am German after all ) :D
missed my sisters in Christ... those wonderful friends the Lord has brought into my life over the last 16 years... 
feeling that the stress of the last 2 1/2 weeks will just make me crash as soon as I lay eyes on one of those friends... then my tears will start flowing... for a very long time...
but now I am going to be missing my mother...
I have, we all have been very emotional.... sitting by the bed of your mother so very ill will do that to you... we also needed to be strong, for her, for each other, even for my kids at home... and... again, thanks to Him we have been able to be strong....
I know though that there are times to be weak... times to finally let your emotions flow.. it is necessary, it is healing... it is comforting... so I am not sure who of my friends will be brave enough to be the first one to see me... 
as difficult as this time has been, it has also brought so many good things.... I cannot remember when love has been expressed to the extent it was expressed between us these last 16 days... so many hours together... a wonderful thing..... I do not remember the last time my mother would have just called me “Mausi” like she did yesterday, or I her, for that matter ..I probably never have... since she is my mother.. :)
brushing her teeth, massaging her feet daily, feeding her and coaxing her to take one more bite... it all came so naturally, as if I was just waiting to do this for her...
all three of us shared this tenderness for my poor, fragile mother.... we met her on such different levels... totally helpless, fearing for her life ,weak and grateful, rebellious like an obnoxious little child... coherent and not at all... ( those were the most scary times , right after the few days in the beginning when we were constantly staring at the monitors... checking if her vitals were holding up)
..when I called her one last time right before boarding, her sounding so back to normal, I allowed myself again to hope that she could go back to being able to live a relatively independent life... committed to whatever it will take to be there for her...  
sharing with her last night that the Lord was right there with her....that with Him she could make it through this... I will continue to plead with Him to save her, to reveal His presence to her... that she, like me, could rest her weary head on His strong shoulders..finding the shelter and love of the Father.... she has never had anything like this before in her life as well.... my Mami....feeling she needed to be strong all by herself all her life..... I so want her to meet Him finally....

No comments:

Post a Comment