Sunday, March 27, 2011

... little / huge joys in the ICU

... she nodded her head.... yes, she did... when the nurse asked if she was thirsty tonite... she nodded her head.... she really communicated.... something so small, so taken for granted usually... and something so huge... it makes me cry.... member # 3  inaugurated into  the "nicest nurses in the whole wide world club", she is with my mother tonite...  what a wonderful lady... when we were talking about what to bring to help my mother remember, lotions and stuff she usually uses, she gave us some baby oil mixed with lavender oil and my sister and I massaged my mother's feet for a very long time... pulse and blood pressure nicely relaxed... oh what a wonderful thing to be able to do for her....
tomorrow they will decide if she can get an Epidural for the pain in her stomach.. this would mean she could come off the pain meds which again would allow them to extubate her .... the ventilator set for tonight to let her breath alone pretty much, to train her muscles in this area  a bit...
wow.... all good thing come from the Father in Heaven... all good things... like tubes, medications, wonderful nurses and doctors... looking into the eyes of my mother,  caring Ex-husbands, hugging someone  who without what Jesus has done I would not have been able to forgive... such deep connection between sisters... finally able to leave 46 year old "grudges" behind...
All good things come from the Father in Heaven... so thankful I know that for a fact.... so thankful to Him....
as I am in my bed, listening to my most fav singer singing wonderful worship songs I cannot contain my tears.. so thankful He cares...  but longing for a man at my side to share the joys and sorrows with...  always bittersweet because I am alone... Jesus right here to catch me when I feel this way.... but... my mother nodded... she really, really did....... Thanks be to God... He ROCKS!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment