Tuesday, July 3, 2012

.. A Fib and a blood clot.. MORE days in the hospital..

something is wrong with my fancy PeakSaver Thermostat.. and it is HOT outside.. potential issue that will need looking into...
more important issue  is that my mother has been in hospital again, since the weekend and still is...
A fib, caused by, as we know now, thanks to the catheter that was put into her heart on Friday, a blood clot that is too big ( and she is too weak, with a pulse of 200 )  to "blast" , and therefore has to be "destroyed" with medication.. which needs to be closely monitored because of the danger of it causing a heart attack.. wow..
plans for the summer vacation in Corsica might have been thwarted again this year, since this can take up to 4 weeks..

In his heart a man plans his course,
    but the Lord determines his steps.
 (Proverbs 16:9)

hard to accept I am sure for someone who has been very independent and has seemingly "called the shots" for such a long time..
aging is a scary thing.. very scary when you don't have a strong foundation in your faith in Jesus Christ.. this is what I put my hope in:

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.  For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.  So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
(2 Corinthians 4:16-18)

will never cease praying that my proud mother will soon bend her knee to the King of Kings and lay down the burdens of her heart, that she will acknowledge her need for a Saviour and accept Him as Lord.. this is what He says:

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
(Matthew 11: 28-30)




No comments:

Post a Comment