Saturday, June 30, 2012

.. surprised by His Goodness.. or: I'd rather be sailing :)

driving home from dropping my youngest off at the airport a wave of this so familiar feeling of being alone in this world swept over me..
a long weekend like the one coming up has a way of highlighting the fact that I am by myself ..
having lost the peace I had found a few months ago about this phase of my life  just recently, I felt sorry for myself and  shed a few tears on my way home..

telling my Jesus just how sad I am I felt I should go and do something I haven't done in a long time.. I went and got my nails done.. I know, vain, a girly thing to do and I really didn't think it  would make me feel better...

but then, the marvellous Darling of Heaven surprised me once again..
started talking to a lady sitting next to me who has been single for about the same time... her husband passed away Christmas Eve 2009..

the blessing wasn't in the "doing something for myself" but in meeting someone , in connecting and relating. phone numbers were exchanged and I really hope we can bless one another in some way..

went to the grocery store and ran into about 10 people I know.. made me feel ..you guessed it : NOT alone..

oh what a God this God of mine is.. He never fails to overwhelm me with His kindness and goodness...
instead of saying to me what I am telling myself.. namely to get over myself and be thankful for what I have, He instead showered me with a special blessing... His gentleness is so sweet..

went home, alone.. but not lonely and sad.. how can I ever doubt that what He has is perfect..

Live in constant expectation for God to surprise you with His goodness! 
"You crown the year with Your goodness"
Psalm 65:11

my little puppy's tiny little snoring noises are endearing and I think I will fall asleep comforted by the love my Father is surrounding me with... He is the GREATEST!!!

1 comment:

  1. You know after I read your blogs, it sets me in a different perspective. I paryed about this, this week. I feel I'm no hearing our Lord the way I should yet your blogs seem to help me refocus my thoughts. I've realized several new blessings this week just from doing that. well not new blessings but blessings that I've been missing.Between your blogs and Michael W Smith's A simple Blessing, I am really beginning to re look at the way I view things in my life. It's not easy but I'm liking this new track I'm on. So blessed to have met you. I'm sure one day we will actually meet in person. We are alot closer than we think. Thanks Miriam!

    ReplyDelete