Tuesday, April 26, 2011

.... only one way to HOPE everlasting..

... being a bit discouraged by what is happening around me... one good thing was to meet with my "spiritual" mom today... she is not old enough to be my mother but she is my first Christian friend and mentor... I love her a lot and I hardly see her enough...
sharing what happened in the last 7 or 8 months of our lives we always end up talking about our friend... the One who has brought us together, the source of all our joy.. Jesus Christ, son of God.. Healer, Comforter and Saviour...
a grey day... a black and grey world... so much heartache and brokenness.... so much to do, so many to minister to... was leaving with a renewed sense of hope though... this is why we are here... this is what He is doing...
I am convinced and know with such certainty in my heart that He loves me and is good, holy and just... so if He allows all this heartache in my life and around me... there has to be a reason...
I know He is all about refining and making us more like Him... but then again... not for my sake but for His glory... so... as much as I needed some time to rest and process what's been going on... I can't stay there..
He has things for me to do, He has put people in my path I can minister to... I need to extend love to... I need to look beyond myself, leave my burdens in His capable hands and love those around me going through some crisis and difficult time...
a beloved mother, a dearest friend... young girls getting in trouble.... all loved by my God and made in His image.. all, like me corrupted and broken..sinful and lost.. without hope until they can see Him, can hear Him, can feel Him.... some just need me to be Jesus to them while going through an especially heart breaking time... others need to be led into His presence... some need to hear about my hope..and that it is a person, Jesus....
never a dull moment...  but never without hope... or peace..or joy... to be loved like that... I will never get used to that...
This is what it means to be held
How it feels, when the sacred is torn from your life
And you survive
This is what it is to be loved and to know
That the promise was that when everything fell
We'd be held
( thanks to Natalie Grant.."Held")

No comments:

Post a Comment