Sunday, October 17, 2010

... submitting... I am loving it!!

Went to church this morning all by my lonesome.. was a little subdued... huge conflict last night with my youngest... I am a little scared how her teenage years will work out... not off to a very good start... the "Ex" traveling to NYC... that was "our" place.. can't even count anymore how often we have been there together in the last 18 years.. not too sad, just another realization of loss...
So anyways... church.... so many amazing friends there... many hugs and loving words.. met someone who I couldn't wait meeting.. didn't expect her to be at church.. cool..
Worship.... drawing close.. makes me smile... a smile born from a never ending fountain of joy... His love.

Then, the great Pastor.... best used vessel of God in all eternity... (I just LOVE my pastor...) preaching.. on 1 Peter 2:13-3:7.... some of this has been the passage in JOG this week for me as well..
Anyways, you know you are not in step with the world when a sermon preached on submission makes you giddy with joy and happiness... I guess this is the truth.. I am not of this world,  I am a stranger, but chosen by God, my citizenship is in heaven.. the sanctifying work of the Spirit in me has made that clear to me a long time ago: Submission to God and to your husband is a wonderful gift from Him who cares more and knows us better than even we do ourselves ( after all, He is the manufacturer!!!!!!!!) 

Staying under the umbrella of His protection is the safest and most rewarding place anyone could ever be in. I guess, even though I never had that warm and cozy and safe feeling in the arms of my earthly father I definitely know it and feel it physically from my Heavenly Father. I am blessed beyond anything that He would even have this for us... following Him closely, drawing close, obeying and trusting... really, even in the bleakest moments of the last year, this has been a love drenched place... this is where the smile comes from...

cleaned my house when I came home and then sat outside on my deck, the warm autumn sun shining on me and my puppies as I was sharing my rice cakes with them... and I just couldn't help but worshipping Him again... His love is warm, it wraps itself around me.. I can take this love wherever I go... so it will come with me today... when I have to face a few hostile situations.. Praise God

No comments:

Post a Comment