Thursday, September 16, 2010

..waiting... what do you mean????

Waiting on the Lord... it comes up again and again.... scriptures, devotions, blogs, tweets, conversations, songs... I guess it's something the Lord wants to point out to me..hmmmmm

Patience.. but not only this,
Trusting...
Waiting meaning what? Doing nothing? Serving while I am waiting?
What exactly is it I am waiting for?
For the Lord's plan to unfold... am I waiting for Him to bring about what I am asking Him for?
Waiting for my "order" to be delivered?
Waiting to find out if my desires and wishes line up with what He has for me?
Why waiting?
For the time to be right?

Is it maybe that waiting on the Lord means resting in His presence?
By serving while waiting getting to know Him better?
Waiting and growing in the knowledge of Him..
Waiting and through drawing closer to Him His priorities become mine?
Him filling my voids, showering me with Himself and all of a sudden what I thought I was waiting for doesn't even matter anymore?

Maybe I am challenged to take my eyes off my wants and dreams and fix them on Him?
Be still and know that HE is God and that is all I need?
Might it be this????
Just a thought......

No comments:

Post a Comment