Sunday, September 19, 2010

.... hardened hearts :(

... Thank the Lord for my sanctuary...wanna know what my sanctuary is?
My bedroom.. I LOVE my bed, this seems to be the only place where I can retreat to, where I can be safe, even in my own house.
I didn't want this. I didn't want to have another meeting. Because I knew it wouldn't work.
Because what is really happening is not even on this level, it is a spiritual battle.
There is bitterness and total disregard of feelings. There is selfishness that knows no boundaries.
There is betrayal and greed. Really, that's what it comes down to. Greed.
What they do not see is this is NOT what it is all about.
I thank God that He has allowed me 16 years ago to see the light, that He took the blinders off and let these ears grow on my heart. That I am not concerned with material things to the extent everyone else around me is. That He has shown me that we need to be proactive against bitterness and forgive... but that we also need to be wise about the boundaries we need to put up. Especially with people that have NO respect for other peoples feelings. (even when it is their own child)
What is that all about? why Lord, why the continued pain, inflicted by those that were in the beginning appointed to be the ones to keep us safe and nurture us.
What will it take for this to end? Total destruction? So sad, so very, very sad.
My heart breaks, again, the loss is tremendous... unbelievable. What if they won't get it?
The outcome will be even worse for them eternally... I do not want that, because, as much as I seem to be the enemy, they are not my enemies.. so I will continue to pray. not even for this situation to be resolved so much but for God to do for them what He has done for me... to take off the blinders and let them see the TRUTH.... to see Him, the One who is the Truth, the Way and the Life...
Because without Him all the striving is in vain. Like my pastor says, You will never see a U-Haul behind a hearse..rather then will come the moment of truth, are you a child of the Creator of this world because of what His son Jesus has done or are you not... pretty straightforward... do you believe that you need His saving grace and have you accepted it by faith.... This is all that counts, now and forever more..

So my prayer is : Lord , forgive them., for they do not know what they are doing, forgive them in your grace and call them, break through their stubborn, hardened hearts and make them your own,
so that, even if we cannot be reconciled here, we will be able to spend eternity together..
After all, what else would I wish for...

2 comments:

  1. Yes, even if we can not be reconciled, we will be able to spend eternity together, that is my prayer for my family as well.

    So very well said Miriam, bless you

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my friend, I so feel your pain, it so closely mirrors things I've been through...I much more to share later, just know that you are correct in establishing your boundaries and in the end, it is that line in the sand that they will come to respect and honor. loving you and lifting you up to the one who holds you.

    ReplyDelete